Monday, November 3, 2014

The Sacrifice-A Poem



The night cold and damp illuminated by moonlight
the rustling of long dead leaves accompany the 
loud whistling of the wind through the frail branches 
of the forest of dead trees. 

Chanting of words eons dead, now alive dancing on
mans tongue to be released unto the world once again. 
If only for this night only, resurrection is possible.
robes and seances make up the odd site of the ancient 
rites, a light with the fierce fires of the citadels that align in 
fascinating details as if to replicate the black stars overhead. 

An overwhelming fear, a fluttering of my heart, and
the crying in my mind. My destiny lies before me as 
the cold slab of rock is completely under me. As I stare into
the abyss, I wonder what Arcane magic will unleash unto the 
Earth. As dimensions collide, long forgotten beings return, 
and claim what was theirs. As the knife plunges into my chest,
the portal has opened, and the gates are unlocked. The stars are 
once again right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment