Sunday, November 2, 2014

In Lost Carcosa





This poem was inspired by The King in Yellow by Robert W. Chambers

I walk among the path of broken stones
Of ancient runes once tall and bright.
The sighing of the wind blows through 
Dead trees that grows no more
A dead city in a vast wasteland 
Of tall grass and protruding rocks.
A dark fascination takes hold of me 
Gripping me into the heart of darkness
And pulling me closer to a ruined 
Building with a crumbling dome.
My heart flutters in my chest, my breath 
Catches as I draw closer. The entrance arched 
I enter. O what beauty that was here but now dissipated
In centuries past. Faint chants of rituals ring in the stale air 
As I approach a throne of arcane powers. Resting on
The mighty chair, lies the slumbering King of yellow cloths his
Face forever wrapped. Destiny will once again awaken the 
Mighty King from his death like sleep. 



No comments:

Post a Comment